Updated: Feb 17, 2020
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
3 medium overripe bananas, mashed
1 whole egg
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup (I prefer Cary's or Hungry Jack)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with muffin liners or spray with coconut or avocado cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together egg, coconut sugar and coconut oil. Add in the mashed banana, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix everything together until well combined.
5. Fold in your walnuts gently (save a few for the top!)
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle the tops with the chopped walnuts.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!