Updated: Feb 17
If you are looking for something yummy to eat on game day without blowing your diet, then look no further. These loaded "nachos" are sure to be a crowd pleaser! It's also a bonus that they are loaded with micro-nutrients and won't blow the buttons on your pants!
3-4 large sweet potatoes
Low fat mozzarella or fiesta blend cheese
Mixed fajita peppers and onions
Meat of choice: Chicken, Steak, Ground turkey/chicken
Jalapenos (Only if you like it spicy!)
Pico De Gallo
Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika
Low Fat Sour Cream and Salsa
1. Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and greasing a baking sheet (or two)
2. Wash and dry your sweet potatoes. You can choose to leave the skin on if you want.
3. Thinly slice your sweet potatoes and put in a large bowl. Add a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika. Shake and coat the sweet potatoes.
4. Put your sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. *You want your sweet potatoes to be separated and flat on the baking sheet.
5. Place your potatoes in the oven on 400 degrees for 25 mins. Flipping halfway through.
6. In a pan, ground or cook your meat. Add seasonings of choice. This can be made spicy, mexican style, anyway you want.
7. In a small pot, put your black beans in to soften a little or you can also place them in the microwave.
8. You can do fresh or frozen peppers and onions. I prefer to cook and soften mine a little before forming my nachos.
9. Pull your potatoes out of the oven. You can form your sweet potatoes on the baking sheet in a pile (nacho like).
10. Begin adding your toppings. I prefer to lay the meat onto them first, then black beans, fajita vegetables, then cheese. Add to the oven for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
11. Remove from oven and top with topping of your choice. Pico de gallo, jalapenos, sliced avocado, cilantro, sour cream and salsa.
12. Serve hot and enjoy!